SDARM: Mini-Kingdoms of Cults
The Reformists of the SDARM generally BELIEVE and TEACH:
- The have ‘the truth’ and that they (or rather their particular brand of the SDARM) is the real Adventist Church.
The Reformists are WRONG because:
- The SDARM Church(es) have cult-like characteristics.
- The SDARM, like most cults, has strong leadership in virtually every dimension of their lives.
- The SDARM devotees, like in most cults, characteristically display a displaced loyalty for the guru and the group and are galvanized together through physical and/or psychological intimidation tactics.
- The SDARM, like most cults, adopt a “we/they” siege mentality and has been cut off from all former associations including their immediate families.
- The SDARM, like most cults, operate under the guise of Christianity but deviate from the orthodox teachings of the historic Christian faith. For example, they typically reject the doctrine of the Trinity and embrace Tritheism (worship of Father, Son and Spirit as three separate gods) or Arianism (holding Jesus as a lesser 'mini' god).
- The SDARM devotees, like in most cults, become masters at taking texts out of context to develop pretexts for their theological perversions.
In large part, this also demonstrates the power of rationalisation and the success of the psychological intimidation tactics used by Reformist leaders. If you are currently a SDARM devotee, or have a close family member or friend involved, ask if any of the following common brainwashing techniques are used: